Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Oxford at Lake View Apartments in Corinth, Texas.
One way people put their fully equipped kitchen to good use is by making light, fresh dishes, snacks, and apps in the warmer months that do not require a stove or oven. Even if it’s wintertime, these recipes will save on your next gas or electricity bill! Perhaps, best of all, little is more satisfying than freshly-made foods, like this guacamole.
Though there are shortcuts to creating this Mexican staple, like purchasing ready-to-mix packets, the best guacamole is concocted from fresh avocados, cilantro, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, and lime juice. Fortunately, this recipe for Best Ever Guacamole uses these ingredients – and more – for the best guacamole you’ve ever tasted. Mix-up this recipe, and don’t be surprised if your household devours it in a single sitting!
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you'd like.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Serve with tortilla chips, rice and beans, or vegetables, and enjoy!