Choose one: buffalo chicken wings, or mac and cheese? If you are like us, and can’t pick one over the other, you’re in for a delicious surprise. This Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe blend the best of both classic comfort foods for a hearty and tastebud-tingling meal that adults and children will love. Plus, the entire recipe comes together in under an hour, making it a great option for busy families and professionals eager to skip takeout.
• 1 pound mini penne
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 sweet onion, chopped
• 3 celery stalks, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cups whole milk
• ? cup buffalo sauce
• 3 cups shredded mozzarella
• 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the flour and cook about 2 minutes more. Add the milk and buffalo sauce, whisking until it comes to a simmer. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
4. Add the cooked pasta and shredded chicken; stir to coat in the sauce.
5. Transfer to a greased 9-by-13-inch casserole dish. Bake until the sauce is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Oxford at Lake View Apartments in Corinth, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.