You may equate meatballs with the classic Italian dish Spaghetti and Meatballs, but in reality, there are so many more uses for meatballs, it might just blow your mind. The classic Italian meatball comes together with equal parts ground beef and pork, Panko breadcrumbs, a few household staples, and of course, plenty of seasoning. Once done, you’ve got a tray of meatballs ready for pasta dishes, meatball subs, a heaping bowl of Swedish Meatballs, and much more. Check out this easy recipe below!
• 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 pound ground pork
• 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian herbs
• 1/4 cup grated yellow onion
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the panko and milk until combined. Set mixture aside to soak for 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Add the ground beef, ground pork, garlic, eggs, Parmesan, fresh herbs, onion, and Worcestershire sauce to the mixing bowl. Sprinkle the oregano, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes evenly on top. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until evenly combined.
3. Heat the oven to 425°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Using a medium cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop and roll the mixture into 2-tablespoon balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. (I recommend greasing your hands with a bit of olive oil to prevent the mixture from sticking.)
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer measures the internal temperature of the meatballs to be 160°F. Remove pan and transfer to a wire cooling rack. Serve meatballs immediately.
Mix-up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Oxford at Lake View Apartments in Corinth, Texas, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!