There are many reasons to love this Smokey Cauliflower Bacon Soup from Better Homes and Gardens. First, its base is crafted from cauliflower, making it a perfect dish for those of you trying to eat more cruciferous vegetables. Second, it’s a satisfying keto-friendly meal. Finally, requiring not much more than a pack of bacon, some affordable vegetables, and cheese, this recipe is one that you can make again and again, without breaking the bank. Oh, and did we mention that this soup is utterly delicious? Try it for yourself tonight using this recipe!
• 6 slices peppered bacon
• 3 tablespoons butter
• ½ cup finely chopped onion
• 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets (6 cups)
• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
• 1 32 ounce carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (2 cups)
• 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
• Salt and black pepper
1. In a 5- to 6-qt. Dutch oven cooks bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer the bacon to paper towels and drain drippings from the pot. Crumble bacon.
2. Add butter and onion to the pot. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender and lightly golden. Add cauliflower and Cajun seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until cauliflower starts to brown.
3. Add broth. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
4. In a small bowl whisk together cream and flour; add to cauliflower mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and gradually add cheeses, stirring until melted. Stir in parsley. Use a potato masher to mash cauliflower as desired. Stir in bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If desired, top bowls with additional cheese and Cajun seasoning.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Oxford at Lake View Apartments in Corinth, Texas.