Everyone experiences allergies at one point or another. However, if you have chronic allergies or seasonal allergies that are particularly troublesome, you might actively find ways to make your lifestyle more accommodating, so that you can reduce flare-ups whenever possible.
One such way to do so is by reducing your exposure to allergens and other triggers while cleaning. The truth is, cleaning your apartment home of allergens often means that you come face-to-face with the very allergens you’re trying to get rid of. So, you’ll want to adopt a different approach, if you want to clean effectively without experiencing a flare-up. Here are a handful of helpful tips you should follow, when it comes to cleaning your apartment with allergies.
• Vacuum once or twice a week. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter, which will catch all the little allergens that can pass through a regular vacuum filter.
• Reduce clutter. Dust mites and cockroaches can result in allergic reactions. Reduce the likelihood that they’ll hang around by eliminating piles of boxes or clothing.
• Wear a mask when you clean. Don’t expose yourself to the allergens you’re eliminating. Wear a mask while cleaning the house, and when you’re done, leave for a few hours to limit your exposure.
• Keep the bathroom free of mold. Mold in the bathroom is a common allergen. Scrub the tiles regularly, and don't forget to clean the shower curtain, too.
• Wash sheets in hot water. Sheets are allergen-ridden, so make sure to regularly wash them in hot water that is at least 130 degrees Fahrenheit. That's hot enough to kill dust mites.
• Limit your use of scented cleaners or detergents. If you have allergies, heavily fragranced cleaners can make symptoms worse. Steer clear and use fragrance-free versions instead.
At Oxford at Lake View Apartments in Corinth, Texas, it is clear that we have it all, but we still feel obliged to inform you of essential information. We encourage you to stay up to date with our blogs so that you don’t miss out on upcoming events, new recipes, or day-to-day tips.