The holidays will be here in a matter of weeks – which means that you don’t have much longer to finish decorating your apartment home for Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa! Though it’s tempting to spend a ton of money on designer holiday decorations, the truth is, you can make fashionable ornaments at home with little more than enamel paint. Check out this simple DIY for Marbled Holiday Ornaments that are perfect for decorating your home or gifting to a friend.
You will need:
• Clear glass ornaments
• A few different colors of enamel paint
• Skewer sticks
1. Swirl a little water in the ornaments (about a tablespoon) and then dump it out completely.
2. Pour the enamel paint into the ornament. You can use wooden skewer sticks to help move the paint around to different areas on the glass before you start to marble.
3. Now, it’s time to marble the paint. The best way to get the paint to marble is by tapping the ornament against your hand in a circular motion. Hold the opening closed with your finger and a paper towel while you do this. Work continuously until you are satisfied with the look.
4. Once the entire inside of the ornament is coated with paint, place the ornament back in the plastic container it came in to dry for 24 hours, with the opening facing up. As the ornament dries, turn it once every several hours, so that the paint doesn’t fully settle in one area.
5. When the ornament is fully dried, hang it on your tree or use it in other holiday decorations.
Whether it’s money, pet care, or DIY tips, we have all the information you need right here at Oxford at Lake View Apartments in Corinth, Texas. We invite you to enhance your lifestyle with these helpful tips and suggestions!